I will be posting a short summary of Global Outlook to monitor the market movements. […]
There is one branch of philosophy created just for us: Stoicism. It’s a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and wiser. In short, a tool for living a good life. Embrace the wisdom of the ancient Stoics and absorb the teachings of timeless valuable wisdom via The Daily Stoic book. You'll find the serenity, self-knowledge, and resilience you need to live well as a result.
Each article focuses
- Your mind will take the shape of what you frequently hold in thought
- You can decide what you let into your life and mind
- Stop working against yourself by asking what you really want and what actually are you after
- Reason must lead the way no matter what good fortune comes along
- Take a beat to consider your own thoughts especially for split second decisions.
- Trust but verify
- Prepare for the frogs of life, act with patience, understanding and forgiveness
- Arrogant opinion expects that there is nothing further needed
- Expect to change your opinion.
- Fight your biases and preconceptions as we are not as wise and smart as we think.
- Be careful to honor what you don’t know and set that against the knowledge you actually have
- Being wise comes from questioning and humility. Ask if you could be wrong and what you have not considered
- Test and separate appearances and to act on nothing that is untested
- Do not accept thoughts and assumptions without question
- Our senses can be wrong, what feels right now may not stand well over time. Analyse and question your senses
- Events don’t disturb people. Judgements about them do.
- Observing eyes see what is. Perceiving eyes see what things supposedly mean
- If you want to learn, be humble and let go of opinions you already have
- Less is more
- Become an expert in what matters that will impact your Life
- Break negative behaviour by observing your thoughts, see what actions they provoke. Look for patterns, find where cause meets effect. See the biases that the thoughts contain, see where they come from, if it is destructive
- Choose the right inference from someone’s actions and external events, and the harm is cast away
- Let go of your opinions to have a peace of mind, let things be simply are with no opinion or judgment
- Leave room for what may happen and keep the common good and the actual worth of things front and centre. Be willing to learn from anyone regardless of their station in life
- Really good things are wisdom, self control, justice and courage
- When you let your attention slide, don’t think you can get a grip in time. It builds bad habits and enable mistakes
- Rational person has self awareness,self examination and self determination. Look inward, examine yourself critically, make our own decisions uninhibited by biases or popular notion
- Productive use of contempt on what people ‘value’ for much needed objectivity
- There is nothing wrong in changing your mind based on new information
- See each day as a training so you can be generous in your interpretation of yours or others mistakes. You don’t have to act like a championship is on the line
- Examine things inside out so you can be less swayed or daunted. For positive situations, contemptuous expression is helpful
- For negative situations, objective and superficial gaze to see things clearly without diving into too much
- The highest power is when you desire nothing
- Look to the sky to see that there are things bigger than us to overcome the pettiness of earthly concerns
- Check if you are adhering to invisible patterns, but question these scripts
- If you know what you believe and why you believe it, you can avoid poison
Thank you for reading my post! Please feel free to connect with me and get updated posts on Facebook.
Please click here for Referral deals.