I will be posting a short summary of Global Outlook to monitor the market movements. […]
There is one branch of philosophy created just for us: Stoicism. It’s a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and wiser. In short, a tool for living a good life. Embrace the wisdom of the ancient Stoics and absorb the teachings of timeless valuable wisdom via The Daily Stoic book. You'll find the serenity, self-knowledge, and resilience you need to live well as a result.
Each article focuses
- Philosophy starts when you analyse your own mind. Exercise your guiding reason, question emotions and beliefs
- Have true self estimate for what we commonly think we can do more. Look inward to discern what you are capable of and what it will take to unlock that potential
- Focus on the inside, self awareness and diligently work on your reasoning in this complicated conflict world
- Do what you need to do, not have to out of vanity or ignorance or self imposed or to impress people
- Accumulating things is costly even if it is free
- Listen and connect with people. Don’t talk about your affairs
- Self awareness: question your instincts, patterns, opinions and assumptions.
- Our senses are often wrong, our emotions overly alarmed, projections overly optimistic, so we need to be aware of everything and not rush into conclusion
- Don’t hand over your mind to anyone/ anything that comes along
- Find good people to learn good
- You may have a great and noble person to allow into your mind and use to guide your actions
- The unrestricted person who has in hand what they will is free. Don’t be a prisoner of your own making
- Nobody does wrong willingly so you can be compassionate and gracious
- One day it will all make sense. There is a bigger plan you don’t know about
- It is impossible for a person to learn what he thinks he already knows
- The present, not past or future, is all we have
- Hold sacred your gift, your capacity for understanding, that you can use logic and reason to navigate situation and circumstances
- You are your capacity for choosing well, your choices. Consider not how things appear, but what effort, activity and choices they are a result of.
- It is impossible for circumstances to make you feel frustrated, irritated, stressed, jealous, or overwhelmed without your consent. The emotions come from the inside, not outside
- If something difficult knock on your door, be prepared to bear it with honour and bravery
- You can retreat now, in yourself by looking inward, focus on your breath and shut down the rest
- True education begins with awareness and reflection every second
- Vices such as greed and ambition need to be regulated by the rational mind
- Study and live out philosophy
- Freedom and wealth can be attained when you want everything you have
- Examine the forces shape your ruling reason
- Pay and sell for what is worth
- Have a plan
- You don’t have to impress anyone
- Act deliberately and consciously, not by forces of impulse, whim and unthinking habits. Find reason in all things
- Life should be ruled by reason
- A mind that isn’t in control of itself will be jerked around by external events and impulses. Overcome ignorance and ill discipline
Thank you for reading my post! Please feel free to connect with me and get updated posts on Facebook.
Please click here for Referral deals.