I will be posting a short summary of Global Outlook to monitor the market movements. […]
Lindy Tsang, also known to her fans as Bubzbeauty, is the the star of two popular YouTube channels, Buzbeauty and Bubzvlogz.
From humble beginnings as an outsider, growing up one of the few Chinese students at her primary school in Ireland, to YouTube stardom and her own line of beauty products, Lindy Tsang, has earned a unique perspective that she’s shared with her nearly 3 million YouTube subscribers.
Now, for the first time ever, Lindy’s experiences and insights have been put into a brand-new book, A Beautiful Mind, a Beautiful Life: The Bubz Guide to Being Unstoppable.
In A Beautiful Mind, a Beautiful Life, Lindy details her childhood, her family, the ups, downs, and most importantly, the lessons that she’s learned along the way. Here is a summary by my friend.
This is a book which empowers you to take charge of your life. Don’t hold yourself back and try to make excuses for your fulfilling life. Free yourself to the possibilities out there!
- The only time you look in your neighbour’s bowl is to make sure that they have enough.
- You don’t look in your neighbour’s bowl to see if you have as much as them.
- Just because someone is “smarter/prettier/more successful” doesn’t mean you are ugly/stupid/a failure.
- Choose not to compare.
- Instead, let the success of others inspire and motivate you.
- Learn from their values, attributes and qualities to make a better you
- If you think about it, comparisons add no meaning or fulfilment to our lives. They just distract us from it.
- Fact: the grass is never actually greener on the other side.
- Life is not about having the best of everything but rather to make the best out of everything.
- You cannot experience true fulfilment unless you learn to serve others.
- Instead of looking around, look within.
- Life isn’t about what we have but rather what we give.
- Your sense of self-worth should always be bigger than your bank account
- You actually have everything you ever need to be joyful.
- Having a purpose is when you are able to do what’s meaningful to you
- It’s about living an authentic and grateful life knowing what our talents and gifts are while being able to share them with others
- Focus on things that matter & avoid gossip
- Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people
“Watch your thoughts, for they will become actions. Watch your actions, for they'll become... habits. Watch your habits for they will forge your character. Watch your character, for it will make your destiny. What we think, we become.”
- An optimistic person acknowledges that they are never defined by their circumstances and take responsibility for what happens in their life.
- They live with the attitude that a chapter of a storybook is never more powerful than its author
- Success shouldn’t be defined by other people’s standards; it should be defined by you. Only you know what truly makes you happy
- Our circumstances don’t make us unhappy. It’s how we react to them that counts
I figured out that I have never met a confident and fulfilled person who is not optimistic.
Make a difference
- The more you give, the more you receive.
- True fulfilment comes from being part of something that’s bigger than yourself
- Emotions are just emotions; thoughts are just thoughts. They are not necessarily reality. Like waves, they come and go
- Train yourself to be more mindful. Choose which thoughts stay in your head and which ones you would like to get rid of.
- Kindness is a type of happiness that everyone is capable of offering. It’s in us to be good, so the more we give, the more we actually receive
- Give encouragement
- Words are only words and they only become truth if you let them be - You cannot stop people from judging you but you can stop it from affecting you- Holding onto negativity only hurts you. Even if the person doesn’t deserve it, you don’t need to tell them that you are forgiven them. Do yourself a favour and forgive. You can’t change what happened, but you can change your future by setting yourself free
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. - Lewis B Smedes
- Instead of letting adversity defeat you, use it to sculpt yourself into a better person
- Accepting yourself
- When you are able to see the true beauty within yourself, nothing changes, but everything will be different
- A confident person doesn’t dwell on their weaknesses
- Confident people are aware of their weaknesses but choose not to let those weaknesses define them
- If you doubt your abilities, you will end up limiting your possibilities
- Fear is the greatest enemy of self confidence
- Sometimes when you’re afraid, you just have to embrace it. Do it afraid!
- Don’t we all want to avoid the difficult, scary questions?
Instead of truly envisioning and planning my future, I chose to stick my head in the sand, fit as long as I could. If I didn’t think about it, I wouldn’t have to deal with it. I procrastinated out of fear, and just like when you overspend on a credit card, I was left with a big fee to pay in the end.
- We are more invested in ourselves than ever, but that’s not the same as loving yourself. The truth is, you don’t fixing. None of us do. What you need to change is your mindset
- Without change, we cannot grow. Focus on the things you’re about to gain rather than the things you’re about to lose
- See failure as an opportunity to grow
- Complaining comes from an ungrateful attitude of the heart.
- How about instead of spending our time complaining, we actually DO something about it?
- The emotion you continually feed is the one that will dominate your life. I.e. Feed positivity traits like kindness, bravery and love and they will grow; starve negative traits like greed, hatred and fear
- You are not disappointed by that person, you are disappointed by your own expectations. He’s not living up to the narrative you unconsciously wrote up for him.
- People don’t always remember the words you say but they can always remember how you make them feel
- Self love isn’t self involved; it’s about being selfless. Being selfless is deeply rooted in inner beauty and happiness
- “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s going to be somebody who hate peaches.” Dita Von Teese. Whether you like it or not, not everyone is going to like you
- Confidence comes from not caring about what everyone thinks of you. You are not a slave to other ppl’s opinions
- When you judge someone, it doesn’t define who they are, but it certainly does define who you are
- Life isn’t about living excessively but about living in balance
Thank you for reading! Please like my Facebook page to get the latest updates.
Please click here for Referral deals.