I will be posting a short summary of Global Outlook to monitor the market movements. […]
There is one branch of philosophy created just for us: Stoicism. It’s a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and wiser. In short, a tool for living a good life. Embrace the wisdom of the ancient Stoics and absorb the teachings of timeless valuable wisdom via The Daily Stoic book. You'll find the serenity, self-knowledge, and resilience you need to live well as a result.
Each article focuses
- Path to happiness is giving up what is outside your control, choice and regard nothing else as your possession
- Let go of the past. Begin the work, the rest will follow
- The past is the past. You can restart whenever you like
- Ask what is the best way to do something
- Ask what is at stake if you fail. It is your quality of life and your ability to deal with the world around you
- Be clear of your vision. Identify your path, stay the course, make adjustments. Ignore the distractions, changing your mind every second from new information and comparing with others
- Consider what you should desire and what you should be averse to. Want what is good. Avoid what is bad.
- Think what would the wise do
- Examine your motivation before you act. Make sure it is for the right reason, Not because you haven’t stop to think or believe you have to do something
- Make wise choices using reason and judgement.
- What you can control
- your reasoned choices
- opinion - what you think about the situation
- everything of your own doing
- mind and will
- your choices, what are they? Evaluate them, how will you make the most of them.
- Differentiate what you can change or influence vs what you can’t to fight a winnable battle
- Say no. Be ruthless to things that don’t matter
- Willingly accept what is outside your control
- Take time to look inwards and examine. Example what you did, what you thought, what could be improved, how am I better, what you value, what desires need to be kept in check, what bad habits did I curb, were my actions just, what you like to work on, what contributed to my happiness, what detracted from it, recall events of precious day.
The proper work of the mind is to make a choice of doing and thinking right, refusing temptations, yearning to be better, repulsing negativity, bad influences, what isn’t true, preparing for what lies ahead, purpose for our guiding principle and highest priority and to be free of deception about what is inside and outside of your control (and to accept it)
- Give up harmless indulgences, habits and addictions
- It is better to direct your reach inwards than extend outwards
- Focus on what is in front of you and do each task with dignity
- Use reason to see things clearly to make good judgment
- Pay careful attention which and be more than a pawn, which needs work and awareness
- Have proper judgement using reason to have clarity and be steady
- Control your perception and have certainty for judgment in the present moment
- Begin with an end in mind and let your efforts be directed to something. Direct your actions properly
- Time spent to gain knowledge is wiser and knowledge is freedom
- Common opinion is an uncertain guide. To be clear, reach an unwavering and firm power of judgement
- Never do anything out of habit. Know why you do what you do and do it for the right reason
- Feel the fear and do it anyway
- Find clarity and joy in seeing what others can’t see. Find grace and harmony in places others overlook
- Real learning: push for deep understanding, not to agree with something said too quickly, not stop at the surface, absorb knowledge, find clarity and strength in words, read attentively and deeply
- Seek clarity in what you love the most in the world
- Live below your financial means to be free
Thank you for reading my post! Please feel free to connect with me and get updated posts on Facebook.
Please click here for Referral deals.