I will be posting a short summary of Global Outlook to monitor the market movements. […]
There is one branch of philosophy created just for us: Stoicism. It’s a philosophy designed to make us more resilient, happier, more virtuous and wiser. In short, a tool for living a good life. Embrace the wisdom of the ancient Stoics and absorb the teachings of timeless valuable wisdom via The Daily Stoic book. You'll find the serenity, self-knowledge, and resilience you need to live well as a result.
Each article focuses
- Unbiased thoughts
- Right action
- Problem solving
Fortune & resilience
- The rational soul is stronger than any kind of fortune
- Learn indifference with an attitude of come what may
- We must undergo a hard winter training and prepare for things we haven’t prepared for. Spend your time and resources on preparation and training.
- You will understand your capacity and inner strength from a difficult period. It will be formative
- Focus on what is yours alone. Quench your desires and focus on what you can control
- Your power over your own mind and to make your decisions cannot be broken
- You have the ability to determine what your experiences mean, use reason and make your choices.
- Don’t take fortune for granted or be deceived by it
- Nothing to fear but fear itself. Terror only makes things harder
- When times are good, grid yourself for tougher times ahead and train before it comes
- Live within your means now so you are okay to live with less
- Be down to earth. Don’t get ahead of yourself and think you got it all figured out and are better than those who don’t
- Don’t betray your inner fortress which protects your soul
- Try a different prayer that help you seek clarity on what you do control, what is already within your power, fortitude and strength so you can do what you need to do
- Do the work to nurture the seeds of stoicism and tend to them. Be prepared to study for the hard winters of life
- That’s greatness - the person who has been dealt a harder hand, understood it and still persevere to triumphness
- When someone has a strong opinion about something, it says more about them than whatever the opinion happens to be about.
- We don’t have time to think about what other people are thinking.
- You need to be strong and gracious enough to get through pain
- You can change your mind and actions according to your free will and keep up with your intelligence . Because conditions, facts and circumstances change
- Have an adaptable will that use reason to clarify perception, impulse and judgment to act effectively for the right purpose
- Flexibility and strength are what makes us resilient and unstoppable
- An artful life requires being prepared to meet and withstand sudden and unexpected attacks
- Life requires graceful movement, you to undergo hard training, cultivate an indomitable will to prevail
- Philosophy is the steel against which we sharpen that will and strengthen that resolve
- Get a hold of yourself, maintain composure and control, find your way back when circumstances force you into confusion
- Difficulties and pain are pathway to greatness
- The mind is unconquerable when judgment is careful and made rationally, when ruling reason relies on itself
- Proper training (on habits) can change your default
- Anyone who wants to be truly free won’t desire or be dependent on something
- Take a day off from work but not from learning
- Instead of hoping for good fortune, hope for the strength of character that is able to thrive in good fortune
- You can control what every external event means to you personally
- Your actual needs are small so there is little that could happen to threaten your survival. Adjust your worries and fears accordingly
Thank you for reading my post! Please feel free to connect with me and get updated posts on Facebook.
Please click here for Referral deals.